Reading Challenges

January 13, 2011

A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden Mystery) by Charlaine Harris


In addition to my daily reading of War and Peace, I've been working my way through many a mystery lately, what with the gloomy weather and all (not to mention several mystery-oriented reading challenges in full swing). With the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries Omnibus now in my possession, I've finished the second novel in the series entitled A Bone to Pick. I won't give too much away about the plot here because I know a few of you are planning to read the Aurora Teagarden books. Essentially, our heroine finds herself the unexpected beneficiary of an estate complete with a well-stocked bank account (isn't this everyone's secret fantasy?). Aurora may have inherited more than financial freedom and a new house, however, when she discovers a skull of unknown identity concealed beneath the window seat in her freshly-acquired home.  

Once again, Harris delivers an outstanding depiction of the social burdens and grimy underbelly of small town life that is far more complex that its charming surface reveals. The atmosphere and humor remain on par with the first book in the series Real Murders, making me glad I purchased the omnibus so that I can immediately get going on the third. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...