August 15, 2011

Harvard Film List Project

Originally I planned to update our film project progress via the comments section of this blog's FILM PAGE (you can read all about the cinema studies endeavors that my husband and I have decided to undertake there) because I didn't feel I had the time to write real blog entries for films AND books. I really want to continue blogging primarily about books. However, I see now how full the comments section is getting on the film page and it's not pretty, so instead I thought I'd share a few film links when available via YouTube and a few lines as a way to document our film studies. You won't find full reviews here, but I"m always happy to discuss more in-depth via the comments section. 

French director Georges Méliès (father of fantasy and sci-fi in film's earliest years of existence) is always a joy to watch. His theatrical genie paved the way for amazing special effects, as witnessed in the underwater (among other) scenes in Le Royaume des Fées (The Kingdom of the Fairies) from 1903. Here's the film in two parts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...